Thursday, November 15, 2012

What Kate Likes: Letters for Our Daughters

 via

Have you heard about the Letters for Our Daughters project? Basically, women from all over write letters to younger girls/women in order to "give [them] the combined wit, wisdom and general wondrousness of all of the women of the world". The letters are then collected on the blog and will hopefully one day (soon!) be made into a book.

I am so excited about this project. I feel like sometimes it's so hard to be a woman today, and young girls are influenced so heavily by media and often in a negative way. I think it's great that women are banding together and offering positive insights, advice and stories in order to help girls grow up to be strong women who realize that they're so important and valuable and unique in their own ways.

I think any woman, regardless of age, can read through these letters and feel inspired, loved, valued and encouraged by the words these women have taken the time to write. I only went through a few pages of the blog, but my soul was definitely touched (I may have shed a few tears...).

Read the letters here and learn more about the project here. If you feel so inclined, submit your own letter here!

1 comment :

  1. Wow! This is awesome!! I just checked it out and I'm really inspired. Maybe I'll write one! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments! Make sure to have an email address connected with your account so I can respond to you!

xx