Thursday, February 21, 2013

Limbo


I think being unemployed and looking for a job is making me kind of insane. I'm absolutely sick of waiting around to hear back from companies, checking my email obsessively to see if I possibly missed an email from one of them, or just waiting by the phone.

I feel like I have all of these plans that can't quite be set into motion yet because I'm waiting until I have a job to do X or visit Y or see Z. Even shopping isn't really fun because I keep finding things that would look so cute in my dream apartment, not to mention the fact that I don't have much money.

I've toyed with the idea of joining a gym or a class or getting a part time job, but what if I get a call tomorrow that I've gotten a job and will be moving away? What if I get a call next week?

Even my parents aren't helping--they keep asking me 'have you heard from X about that job? Have you emailed? Have you called?' yes, yes, and yes and asking me every day is not going to change that. I'm tired of feeling like I'm annoying the heck out of HR departments by keeping weekly contact, since it's out of my hands now and in theirs.

I hate feeling so helpless and out of control and I hate just waiting. I think some people (better people) would see this as an opportunity to learn patience and how to relinquish control and how to relax (none of which are my strong points), but I just can't. I'm stuck in this limbo of not knowing, but already having done everything I could, but it's not enough...it sucks.

I think any optimism or positivity or patience or hope I had at the start of this has already worn out...

2 comments :

  1. I know it's hard. Keep your head up, girlie! Sending you positive happy good luck vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My advice is to join a gym. EVERY time I join a gym I seem to get a job somewhere else. It's gotten to the point that I almost joined one before I got my current job, just to see if I could speed up the process.

    I so, 100% feel your frustration. It got to the point last fall that every conversation I had with my best friends started with: "So, you know what sucks today?" It is not a fun time, but don't let your parents get to you. If you know you are doing what you can, (try to) give yourself a break.

    I mostly used my time to catch up on hobbies I had to put aside in school. Sewing, or reading for fun, or writing. Generally things that didn't cost much but that would be harder to do once I did get a full time job.

    just know that what you're feeling is completely understandable. It is the WORST out there right now! I'm crossing my fingers for you!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments! Make sure to have an email address connected with your account so I can respond to you!

xx