Saturday, March 23, 2013

Liebster


Sweet Alex over at Foxes in Flannel nominated me for a Liebster award! Alex is one of my very first blogging buddies and she is just the greatest. I love emailing back and forth with her. Thank you Alex!!!

So here's a few questions that Alex gave me to answer, and since I enjoy knowing a bunch of random facts about people I'm answering the ones that she answered as well so you can get to know a whole lot of random, weird things about me :)

Questions from The S Chronicles
1. Which nail polish (brand & colour) is your favourite?
I pretty much only buy Essie nail polish, but lately I've been less than impressed with their formula so I'm thinking about switching brands. I guess my favorite color I have right now is Essie's Butler Please because I love the name and the bright blue shade...definitely not understated at all haha.

2. Which app do you use the most?
Definitely a tie between Twitter and Instagram. Totally obsessed.

3. If you were throwing a dinner party & could invite anyone, who would you ask?

Diane von Furstenberg would definitely be #1. I would just love to absorb all of her wisdom. To me, she is the perfect woman: she radiates warmth, beauty and goodness and she is so happy and at peace with herself. Having lunch or coffee with her would just be a dream.
 
4. What is your favourite university memory?
Oh gosh...really anything sorority-related. I loved seeing so many friends on such a regular basis and just being able to do anything with them--formals, post-chapter dinners, council meetings, socials, just hanging out.

Other than that, I really enjoy some of my design school memories and all of those ladies...when you've pulled multiple all-nighters in a row with a group of girls, there's always insanely hilarious and just plain insane memories. I loved spending a semester abroad in Italy with a bunch of them as well as new friends!

5. Which song can you listen to over & over without getting tired of it?
You and Me by DMB.
 
6. What is your dream job?
Hmmm...right now, I think it would be being a buyer and/or apparel product developer for a luxury menswear brand.
 
7. Which Lilly print is your all-time favourite?
Hmm...I'm really bad about remembering the names of all the prints from season to season but I really like the Begonia print from last summer!
 
8. Do you have a lucky number?
Nope!
 
9. How do you relax after a long & busy day?
I typically end up watching a movie like Sleepless in Seattle on Netflix. Sometimes I indulge in ice cream or frozen yogurt.
 
10. What is your biggest indulgence?
Getting massages. I hardly ever go get them, so it's always such a pure relaxation indulgence.
 
11. What is the best thing about the month of March?
Warm weather, sunshine and being able to lay out and get a tan! #thesouthisthebest
 
Alex's Questions
1. Road trip or airplane?
Airplane! I love flying!

2. When was the last time you were inspired by something?
I think I'm inspired by something at least every other day. I get a lot of inspiration from Pinterest (outfits, blog post ideas, future apartment decorating ideas, wedding ideas, etc) and I'm on Pinterest at least once a day...so inspiration is pretty frequent. However, I don't always do anything with the inspiration...which I should be better about.

3. What do you think people's first impression of you is?
I think it depends on the situation. If I'm at a party with a lot of friends, I think I come off as happy and friendly. If I don't know many people, then I come off as shy and kind of aloof. If I'm at a bar and a guy is hitting on me, apparently I come off as a total bitch if I'm not into him or really hard-to-get if I am...I need to work on that ha.

4. Favourite quote?
"The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous."-Carrie Bradshaw

5. What is a tv show you think everyone should watch but not enough people are?
Hmmm...I actually don't watch that much TV...I really only watch Pretty Little Liars and then catch up with stuff on Netflix. I will say that not nearly enough people appreciate the TV genius that is Murder She Wrote. J Fletch for the win.
 
6. If you ever become famous, what would you like to be famous for?
I think I would want to be famous for something related to fashion, but something that I put a lot of work, effort and heart into. Or famous for something philanthropic.

7. Sequins or florals? (or neither?)
Sequins! I don't think I own any florals actually!

8. If letters had personalities, and you were a letter, which letter would you be?
I think I would be a K (ha)...it's a unique letter!

9. What is your favourite place to blog from? (Desk, couch, Starbucks...?)
I blog while sitting in bed. I do everything sitting in bed: job hunting, emailing, reading the paper, reading books, painting my nails...it's actually a really bad habit but I just can't quit. My bed is too comfy!

10. What is one book that has influenced you and your values or goals in a huge way?
I read a book called A Vintage Affair or something along those lines about a girl who owns a vintage clothing shop and it definitely fueled my ambition to one day have my own boutique. It also fueled me to vintage shop more and find treasures :)
 
11. Song you would like playing in the trailer for the movie of your life? 
Eep...I am literally the worst person at picking out music. I think it would be something from the 60s, even though I was obviously not alive then, because I really love the music haha.

1 comment :

  1. I do mostly everything in bed too. I think I read somewhere that it's actually not good for you but I agree..it's way too comfortable and it's where I end up doing my best work!

    Also, I've been obsessed with 60s music lately. I mean, lets be honest, I've always been obsessed, but a lot more lately!

    Thanks for answering my questions! I loved reading your answers :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments! Make sure to have an email address connected with your account so I can respond to you!

xx