Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A Few Things...

 isn't this house in Lake Como, Italy just stunning?

Sorry it's been quiet around here the past few days. We're getting new floors in nearly the entire downstairs of our house, so my parents and I moved into a hotel for the week and things are just kind of chaotic. I have a few bits and pieces to say, nothing really deserving its own post, so here goes...

1. Spring always gets me wanting to spruce everything up, and I think What Kate Likes needs a little makeover...do any of you have ideas or suggestions of places to go for inexpensive, good, not tacky blog layouts?

2. Ever since I did this post on flamingos a while back, I've been seeing them pop up everywhere! I'm thinking we're in for a Fancy Flamingos, round 2 post soon!

3. I have some serious wanderlust right now...I just want to travel everywhere. It's pretty bad...

4. I've never been a huge fan of the color pink, but lately I just can't get enough of it. I'm drawn to neon pink, pale pink, bright pink...basically every shade of pink has my attention right now.

5. I've been struggling with posting lately, and I think it has to do with a lack of an "editorial calendar". Do you bloggers keep one? I feel like I'm never on the ball enough to plan out what I'm going to say when, I just sit down and crank out posts and schedule them for the week...but maybe that's a bad thing. Hmm...

So now that I have all of that down, I actually think a few of those thoughts will end up being expanded into real posts. #blogproblems

1 comment :

  1. 1. I've been thinking that I want to spruce up my blog too, but again--no idea how :)
    2. I LOVE flamingos. I have a magnet that says "I'm the pink flamingo on the the great lawn of life"
    3. Today I really want to go to Colorado. Or anywhere with mountains, really.
    4. I love pink too...mostly coral. I actually love the colour of your blog.
    5. I have zero calendar. I think up posts all the time and never write them, and then I bang out a bunch in one day. If you figure out a schedule, please let me know!

    I think the hardest part is not having a regular schedule, in general--and it's hard to say "No, I wont go grocery shopping today because I need to update my blog." Because, you know...groceries are important. But I could probably be better and writing out some ideas as soon as I get them. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments! Make sure to have an email address connected with your account so I can respond to you!

xx