Monday, April 29, 2013

Feeling Floral

I own absolutely nothing floral-print. I'm typically drawn to more geometric prints or stripes or polka dots, but lately I've been really attracted to delicate floral patterns. I really like the idea of pairing a feminine floral with something a little more masculine or modern. After all, what's more perfectly suited to spring than something floral?

Here are a few of my favorite floral pieces for spring and summer...

 Zara Floral Printed Trousers: This pattern reminds me of wallpaper, but in a totally good way! It's a pretty floral but not too overdone, and the yellow is just so cheerful. These are definitely statement pants, so I'd keep it simple with white or chambray on top and nude or cognac shoes. I love these pants.

Topshop Silk Organza Tee: I really like that the pattern is muted and not too in-your-face. I can see this working with lots of different pieces: skinny or wider-cut jeans, under a suit jacket, tucked into a pencil skirt, over ripped denim...very versatile!

Cooper & Ella Kate Everywhere Blouse: I'm in love with all the colors in this blouse and the fact that it's a really abstract, almost watercolor floral. Definitely perfect for a floral-phobe like myself.

kate spade new york Dabney wedge: The perfect spring wedge. This would be so cute with pretty much anything: white skinnies, boyfriend jeans, pencil skirts, a-line skirts, shirtdresses...the list goes on.

Zara Printed Top: Another muted floral. I'm kinda obsessed with the background color of this top and I think it would be beautiful tucked into white jeans or underneath a white blazer. Another piece that could easily be dressed up or down!

Anthropologie Floral iPhone Case: The perfect way to add just a hint of floral to your life! I really love these colors and am very tempted to switch out my own phone case for this springy one!

C. Wonder Floral Printed Canvas Tote: This tote would be so cute with an all-white outfit and bright flats. It's big enough to carry all of your stuff and is just so cheerful.

How do you feel about florals--love them or hate them? I don't think I'll be adding a ton of florals to my closet, but I think that I definitely need a few floral pieces to shake up my wardrobe a bit!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments! Make sure to have an email address connected with your account so I can respond to you!

xx