Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Summer of the Maxi Dress

I feel like each summer, I end up wearing a different "uniform" of sorts. Last summer, I lived in button downs, jeans and chambray skirts. The summers before that I lived in Nike shorts and t-shirts (I didn't say the uniform was always cute...). The summer I lifeguarded, I can count on 2 hands the number of days I wore something other than a swimsuit.

Since last summer was so hot, I have a feeling that this summer is going to be equally as hot or hotter. I'm already dreading the heat and humidity, so I think I'm going to officially declare Summer 2013 as the Summer of the Maxi dress. I'm such a fan of maxi dresses because they always look so chic and pulled together, even when it really took you about 5 seconds to get dressed. There's just something so elegant about the floor-length skirt but jersey fabrics are so easy, comfy and cool when it's 90+ outside. Plus it's kind of like wearing pajamas all day, only you look cute...which is really all I want out of life.

These maxi dresses are my top picks for summer and I bet you at least one will find its way into my closet!

1//2//3
4//5
6//7//8

I mostly chose dresses that you're able to wear a regular bra with, since they have a bit more coverage and would be appropriate for more places. I also hate wearing strapless bras, so that's a bonus too :) Happy shopping!

1 comment :

  1. I'm a big fan of maxi dresses for summer! #7 and #8 are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments! Make sure to have an email address connected with your account so I can respond to you!

xx