Thursday, April 4, 2013

Summer Weddings

I don't know about you, but wedding season is speeding towards me. Last year, I had two weddings within two weeks of each other, and this year I have two that are about a month apart. Since I'm not in either wedding this year, I get to choose what to wear, so I've been keeping a lookout for wedding-appropriate dresses everywhere I go.

Outfits for weddings are tricky. On one hand, you want to look ah-mazing just in case there's a hot, unattached groomsman or two (real talk: I got set up at the rehearsal dinner last year...but that's a story for another time), but on the other, you don't want to make any grandparents (or pastors) appalled by your choice of outfit. Add in the fact that it's considered bad taste to wear white or anything resembling white, and you have a conundrum on your hands.

Here are a few picks to help solve that problem...

Zara Halter-Neck Dress, $49.90: Perfect dress for accessorizing. You could do a statement necklace and nude heels; big earrings and a dressy sandal; simple jewelry and snazzy shoes...really the options are endless, not to mention the price is perfect.

Zara Striped Combination Dress, $59.90: By now, you should know that I'm a huge stripes advocate so this is an obvious pick. Conservative but still fun and easy to throw a cardigan or wrap over. This would also be really easy to accessorize.

LOFT Dropwaist Dress, $98: So feminine and fun. The mix of eyelet and pleats is perfectly summery, and the dropwaist is unexpected.

J. Crew Greta Dress, $325: Perfect for a more conservative wedding or an evening wedding. The U-back is a little sexy and unexpected and the dress itself can easily be dressed up or down.

BHLDN Tea Rose Dress, $380: So pretty and ideal for an evening wedding. I love the color!

BHLDN Arabesque Sheath, $300: The detailing on this is just gorgeous. I would wear this with gold earrings and heels and an elegant updo much like the model's. Such an elegant dress.

Are you ready for wedding season yet? The first three dresses could easily be worn to bridal showers or lunches in addition to the actual wedding.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments! Make sure to have an email address connected with your account so I can respond to you!

xx