Tuesday, June 18, 2013

White Out

Lately I've found myself pinning and pining over more and more all-white or mostly white interiors and exteriors. I love color, but something about the simplicity and elegance of having a literal blank canvas is really appealing to me. All white can easily be blah and boring, but mixing textures, tones and tone-on-tone patterns can liven it up.

A few house crushes...

 obsessed with those vanities and the rugs...! a true dream bathroom with all the marble

so cottagey and crisp

the dark, dark floors paired with the white walls is such a good contrast

all the tones are great...and I love the natural light!

more color than the others, but the white walls, ceiling, doors and moulding are what I have in my head when I imagine my "dream apartment"

As far as exteriors go, apparently white clapboard or stucco is the way to my heart...this, this, this, and this are all dreamy.

What do you think about an all-white apartment or house? Love it or not for you? 

Also, I'm having a vaaague sense of deja vu, like I've already blogged about this, but I can't remember if I actually did or if I just did a draft that I never finished/posted...hmmmm

1 comment :

  1. I love all white! At least when it comes to the bases--walls, furniture, etc---because then you can be constantly changing out my favourite parts...the pillows, bedding, and accents. I LOVE colour, but I love too many colours to still with just one, all the time.

    I especially love the second photo--how could anyone wake up unhappy in a bedroom like that?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments! Make sure to have an email address connected with your account so I can respond to you!

xx