Tuesday, August 27, 2013

C. Wonder Crushing

C. Wonder is one of those places that totally overwhelms me in person, but I could buy everything on their website in a heartbeat. Lately they've been knocking it out of the park, and this fall is even better than past seasons.

I feel like the preppy-yet-modern aesthetic really works for me in particular, because so many of their signature pieces (buttondowns, driving mocs, silk blouses) are things that I wear all the time anyway. It's all definitely preppy, but not in an obnoxious, pink-and-green, embroidered critter pants way. It's grown-up preppy and all perfect for the work world or for just hanging out.

A few things I'm crushing on currently...

Camo Calf hair Loafer: One of my friends works for a menswear company that is advocating what they call "prepneck" this fall, and these slippers fit right into that aesthetic. It's preppy, but also a bit rednecky, but done in a sophisticated way. These little camo loafers are prepneck for the ladies, if you will.

Suede Watersnake Chunky Heel Pump: A perfect combination of J. Crew's Etta pump and a pair of Tory Burch Mabel pumps I was slightly obsessed with a few months back. Considering both of those shoes are sold out/way out of my price range, I think I need these! I have also noticed a distinct lack of neutral shoes in my closet and these would fill that hole without being boring.

Striped Crewneck Sweater: Fall means football, and for me, football means finding the cutest orange and navy outfits for games. This would be adorable with a navy skirt and riding boots for games when it's too cold for a sundress but not cold enough for a coat or thick sweater.

Striped Button-Shoulder Tee: Another perfect Auburn gameday top!

Silk Pocket Top: I can't get enough silk blouses in my life. I've been looking for a saturated, bright blue top that isn't outrageously expensive and this one fits the bill perfectly. If blue isn't your color, there's lots of other colors to choose from! Ps: it's under $100!

Embroidered Chain Geo Pillow Cover: I think I've finally narrowed my apartment's color scheme to navy, gray, white and coral for the living room. These pillows would look SO crisp on a white couch with solid coral pillows mixed in.

Gold Foil Coasters: Perfectly affordable, so they'd be an adorable little hostess gift. I love the patterns and the gold foil makes them a little sparkly...and when is sparkle ever a bad thing?

Pebbled Driving Moccasins: I have a pair of brown moccasins from Zara that I've practically worn out, and I'm always wishing I had a pair in black as well. These are more sophisticated and polished than my Zara flats, and would be equally as cute with trousers as they would be with jeans.

Hurry up fall! I can't wait for the weather to cool off so I can wear all the new fall things without feeling weird about it!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments! Make sure to have an email address connected with your account so I can respond to you!

xx