Monday, November 25, 2013

All That Glitters...

The holiday season is one of my favorite times of year, mostly because of the proliferation of metallic or sparkly items available to decorate your home and yourself. I'm not much of a jewelry person, and I'm not much of a glitter girl, but I can definitely get behind a good, non-cheesy metallic accent or two (or three if you're feeling fancy/festive). There's just something about the holidays that makes me want to break out all the mercury glass, sprinkle sequins down the table, and bedeck myself in all the pretty shiny baubles I own. We decorate our trees with ornaments, why not ourselves and our homes!

Anyway. There are SO MANY good metallic objects out there, I just had to do a quick little round-up. As an added bonus, lots of these items are good for gifting, whether it's for others or for yourself! I definitely won't judge...

1//2//3
4//5//6//7

1//2//3
4//5//6
7//8//9

I feel like I need to clarify that I probably wouldn't recommend wearing any of the pieces above together...I'd pair each clothing piece or shoe with a healthy dose of neutrals/solids and make the glittery piece the focus. The sequin skirt would look amazing with a top like this, the glitter heels would be great with a skinny black pant, and either metallic top would be perfect with a pair of jeans or velvet skinnies for a party! Bring on the holidays!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments! Make sure to have an email address connected with your account so I can respond to you!

xx