Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Leather Loving

The absolute last word I would use to describe my style and myself is edgy, but lately I've been really into leather. I've especially been loving pieces that are more feminine cuts or colors that just happen to be made of leather. I think they're just perfect for injecting a little modernity into a wardrobe of classics.

ASOS Leather-skirted Midi Dress: You could totally dress this up for holiday parties with sparkly heels, a beaded cardigan or a statement necklace/earrings. For daily wear, I'd probably wear leopard heels, pearl studs and a low ponytail. And the price? So good!

Ann Mashburn Leather Box Pleat Skirt: I have literally been dreaming about this skirt ever since it first popped up in my email a few weeks ago. I'm obsessed with the cut and I'd wear it with everything from tank tops to button downs to silky blouses. I also have it on good authority that this skirt is even more amazing in person...

Derek Lam Tweed/Leather Jacket: I love little tweed jackets, but sometimes they can be a bit too "ladies who lunch"...the leather trim on this one toughens it up a bit and makes it look cooler and less like something you stole from your grandma.

Loeffler Randall Ella Stacked Heel Bootie: I swear by high-quality leather boots, and these are booties that will last a long time. I love the color of these and I can think of at least a few things I have in my closet that need a nude boot...

J. Crew Leather Pixie Pant: My favorite Pixies, done in leather? Sold. Pssst: the leather-front version is also adorable as well! and about $300 cheaper

I have no intention of ever being mistaken for a biker, so I think I'd only do one leather piece in an outfit. For example, with a leather skirt, I'd do a textile-covered heel and a knit or silk top. For leather pants, a satin ballet flat or a velvet smoking slipper and a buttondown would soften up the leather.

2 comments :

  1. My heart beats for those skirts especially the box pleast one.

    xoxo
    Ivy
    http://www.purrpleivy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, now I need to go shopping. I LOVE all of your picks!! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments! Make sure to have an email address connected with your account so I can respond to you!

xx